Saturday 14 July 2018

Tynwald, Cooil Y Fee and Peel photo overload

On the Friday we had a coach excursion which took us to Tynwald, Peel and Ramsey travelling along some of the road which the TT race is held.  The coach driver was brilliant and gave us fabulous narration during the trip.

Tynwald Day was the day before and this is the day that new laws are promulgated and petitions are received for redress.  Inside the visitor centre there is a Lego structure showing how it would look on the day but I've also found a short video about it too if you would like more information.








A short walk away is Cooil Y Ree a beautiful park where we found a Viking re-enactment, I couldn't take very good photos as there was a school trip happening there.



From here we went on to Peel and visited the castle and wandered along the promenade and then while the boys were visiting the bike museum the girls went for a cup of coffee and I managed to put a few stitches in a new freebie Friday project.


Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to look round the Viking museum but I thoroughly enjoyed going round the ruins of the castle.







Onward we went to Ramsey and sadly again no real time to wander around there but I did come across this millennium statue.



It was then time to catch the Electric tram back to Douglas.

I didn't do any stitching yesterday but here is the small progress I made on Four Horses of Apocalypse. 



Today is SMS and I've decided to work on It's Only Forever while watching the tennis.  I'm babysitting this evening.

1 comment:

Astrids dragon said...

Fun Lego set up! The castle looks cool, what a beautiful view.
Small progress is still progress, looking good!