Tuesday 19 June 2018

A blogging lull

I appear to have had a bit of a blogging lull since we came back from holiday at the end of May.  Plenty has been going on including my brother in laws wedding, lots of stitching, gardening, back problems, crochet and playing with grandchildren.

I'm trying out a new rotation with my many stitching projects both started and waiting to be started.  I thought I'd use the days of the weeks for different areas of my stitching and other crafts, so Tuesday's are going to become Tinsel Tuesdays.  On Tinsel Tuesdays I am hoping to spend at least an hour on one or more of my Christmas projects as well as on projects already being worked on.

Yesterday evening I pulled out one of Little House Needleworks ornaments of the month from 2012 which I had started but not finished way back then.


I managed to put in just over half an hour on this one today before I needed to concentrate on Andy Murray's return to tennis competition.


I managed to complete the house, not loads but it's progress.

I also pulled out the one I started as a Christmas challenge with my friend Chris.  Neither of us got very far with it.  The design is from the Punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher magazine Christmas issue 2015.  This is all I managed to achieve back then. A little bit of Santa.



This one received an hour's worth of work this morning while the banana cake was cooking and I also picked it up after Andy's match had finished.  It might even get a few more stitches put in this evening. 


After washing the kitchen floor I rewarded myself with some time to work on It's Only Forever and finally have another page finished.  8 out 30 pages completed and a total of 23,673 stitches so far.


 This was the area I have been working on for the past couple of months.  This is how much I've completed so far.


I'm off now to pick out the project(s) I hope to work on tomorrow. 

4 comments:

Julie said...

One of my book group ladies sent her apologies this afternoon as she was desperate to see Andy playing after his time away.
Nice stitching, I hope your new plans work out well.
Back issues?? hope you are now pain free
x

Poppypatchwork said...

I find it hard to find craft time, and I'm not working. It's garden time here, which can't be ignored. I try and rotate my projects, but then I always have a favorite project and my will power goes and I rest all the other things.

Brigitte said...

It's not bad what you accomplished on your WIPs. Great job. And good luck with your new rotation.

Karen K said...

I think you are making really good progress with everything. I haven't had much time (story of my life) to do anything this week..... ever hopeful

K x