Friday 2 March 2018

Scrapbooking Layouts from last weekend

I'm really pleased that I have started going to the crops at the Exeter Scrapaholics group again - I have so many photos to put on layouts and so much stash that needs to be used too.  I did buy the February kit and used most of it to create this layout of our eldest granddaughter Elisha which was taken last year when she was the Carnival Queens attendant.  The papers and embellishments were so pretty and worked perfectly with the photos.  I have a few scraps leftover which I hope to make some cards out of and some large word die cuts which I'll either use on future layouts or perhaps a canvas.


The second layout I have to share was the Wave of Poppies that was on The Hoe last summer.  Wave was one of two sculptures taken from the Installation Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red, originally at HM Tower of London in  2014 where hundreds of thousands of poppies were displayed, one for every Allied life lost on the battlefields of the First World War.  


I used a set of stamps and dies from Clearly Besotted to create the wreath and used some texture stamps fro  Stamplorations to create the background.  I found the stamping and die cutting of all the poppies and leaves very therapeutic.

4 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Two very lovely layouts Linda! Your granddaughter is very pretty and that poppy wreath is extraordinary! Great job! Have a great weekend my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Justine said...

Beautiful artwork Linda. Both projects turned out beautifully.

Julie said...

Elisha is growing into a beautiful young lady.
Love the poppies

Pat said...

Two great layouts Linda, and Elisha looks really pretty and a great way to record those memories of the part she played in the carnival, and the wreath of poppies is gorgeous to highlight your 'wave of poppies' layout. We managed to see them when we were on our way back from a holiday in Northumberland when we stopped overnight in Lincoln, and they were beautiful. I can just imagine how stunning the whole display at the Tower of London must have been. x