Tuesday 6 February 2018

Day 6 February challenge

Day 6 is another card I can't show you until the recipient has received it but I can now show you Day 3 card.  This was a birthday card for my dear friend Karen of Diary of an Ordinary Girl.



 Karen and I got to know each other through a cross stitch magazine pen pal request many years ago met up..  After writing to each other for a while we met up and hit it off immediately and we have met up many times since.  I am sure we must be due to meet up soon as it has been a while since our last get together.  Its one of those wonderful friendships when it doesn't matter how much time goes by between meeting up or being in contact, we know that we are always there for each other when needed and we just carry on from our last get together as though it were just last week.

Just over a week ago I met up with my friend Sarah and had a wander round her local shops and came across a sweet little wool shop and unsurprisingly I came away with some new yarn.  I just loved the colours and with it came a free pattern.  I'm not sure I'm going to use the yarn for this particular pattern though - I  think I will have a look on Ravelry and see what other patterns I could use it for.


2 comments:

Karen K said...

I was the lucky person who received the beautiful card for my birthday along with a hand written letter - I was so touched to receive both. Linda is right, our journey as friends started many years ago with hand written letters and we have lots of happy memories of our meet ups. She is also right when she says although there are miles between us and time passes if ever one needs the other one, the other one is there - I value her friendship so very much and can't imagine Linda not being in my life.

I'm going to reply back with a good old fashioned hand written letter.

Thank you so much dear friend.

K x

Julie said...

I'm so enjoying seeing these cards each day.
Lovely new wool and what a great free pattern.