Saturday 6 January 2018

Final snowflakes

Today we made the most of a day filled with sunshine, although it was extremely cold and windy.  I think I should have worn more than just my bodywarmer today though. 


We did find the snowflake we missed on the Barbican which was called Cupid and then we caught the water taxi over to Mount Batten to find the final snowflake called Santa Claus.


Mount Batten used to be the base for the RAF during 1913 until 1986.  During the 1930's Lawrence of Arabia served there. The fortification tower that is still there was built around 1640.  This is also where Sir Francis Drake and his fellow captains dined at Radford House ( which was demolished in 1937) to celebrate the defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588.

We enjoyed lunch in the Mount Batten Hotel which is dog friendly and was very busy today.  I guess everyone was making the most of the break from all the rain we have had of late.  It really was nice to get out for a few hours.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You cant beat a bit of winter sunshine. I do hope you didn't catch cold just with the bodywarmer on!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

You do look freezing Linda! You're braver than I am! Hope to see you Wednesday? Have a wonderful week! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic