Saturday 9 September 2017

Home reading

This week at home I have been reading and finished Take Mum Out by Fiona Gibson.  A thoroughly light and enjoyable read, lots of humour but with a great every day life storyline.  I will definitely look out for more by this author as its one of those books you can pick up and put down without losing the storyline.


This was one of two books I picked up at our local garden centre.  The other one is called Steps to the Gallows by Edward Marston.  After buying the book I noticed its the second book in a series and while it is probably a stand alone book as well I will try and find the first in the series before making a start on it.


In the meantime I can finally continue with the Sue Grafton alphabet series of books as I've now picked up L is for Lawless.  At the same time I purchased O is for Outlaw as I already had M and N as well as P.


At work I am still reading The Interpretation Of Murder by Jed Rubenfield which I picked up when we were in Scotland.  Although a bit slow to start with I am now starting to enjoy the book more.

In the Get Artsy book club we are reading The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes.  I have to confess I have fallen a little behind this month so need to try and catch up this week.  I have to say I'm enjoying reading non fiction books that I wouldn't usually even think of reading and it has given me lots to think about.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Nice selection of books, none of which I have read.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW Linda my friend! You really like to put yourself under pressure don't you? All these targets to reach! Still, the main thing is you are enjoying it! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic