Monday 29 May 2017

Just add beads

Last week we were on holiday in North Devon where we were lucky enough to enjoy lots of sunshine and visit new places.  I'd taken along the Cross Stitcher SAL to work on during the week but forgot to take a couple of threads with me.  Luckily while we in Ilfracombe on the Monday we happened to come across a stitching shop by complete luck.  The lady in Smugglers Needlecraft Centre was able to come to my rescue with the three threads I required and I also picked up a half metre of fabric similar to the fabric I used for the stag.  All I have left to do now is add some purple beads to the Christmas tree.


 According to the chart there should be an additional red and white border but I decided to omit that as I hope to finish this as a fabric wall hanging rather than getting it framed.  I believe there should be some Christmas fabric in my stash.




3 comments:

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Glad you had a great holiday, I love it over there !

Your stitching looks fabulous xx

k x

Darnell said...

Awesome, Linda! This will make a cheery Christmas wall hanging! I'm glad you had a great hols and just love to hear of serendipitious moments like you finding your missing threads! TFS!! Hugs, Darnell

Julie said...

Great finish, it looks super.