Sunday 31 January 2016

Finally some scrapbooking

If you're lucky enough to be outdoors, your lucky enough!

 Author: Unknown
It was the first Exeter Scrapaholics crop of the year yesterday and I took Moya and myself up there to play.  I even managed to complete a layout for once - well apart from putting the date and place on the page.  Having said it's complete I might add one or two more elements to it.  Apologies for the minor flash spot on the photo and personally the layout looks better in real life - couldn't quite capture it how I would have liked.
I want to try out some new techniques and styles this year.  Initially I put some gesso on the page and then some texture paste through a Paper Artsy stencil.  One of the papers that came in the kit had outlines of flowers and leaves which I coloured in using watercolour pencils to tie in with the other papers in the kit more.

  I just added strips of the patterned paper to create the mat behind the photo I was using.  Next I put some ink on a piece of plastic and spritzed with water to dilute and then pressed them onto the card stock to bring out the stenciled background.
My final step was to stamp some flowers and leaves onto the card stock in similar colours to the papers.  Not sure how well the texture shows up but hopefully you get an idea.  It was fun just playing and trying out new things.

I'm really pleased that I have been able to blog every day this month and hopefully I've provided a variety of posts for you to look at each day.  I just hope I can keep this regularity going.





2 comments:

Karen K said...

Gorgeous page Linda, love the photo, very relaxed.

K x

Julie said...

You do look nice and comfy lying there Linda, a great picture and you've made such a pretty page to accompany it.