Tuesday 10 July 2018

Tinsel Tuesday travels

Last Tuesday I worked on my Tinsel Tuesday projects while we were on our way to......


...... the Isle of Man.

We started our travels just after midday and while on the train to Birmingham, our overnight stop over point, I was able to finish Tree Farm.  Loved working on this one.


I was also able to make a start on the next one in the series called Quaker Birds.  Only a little bit done on this one as once we got past Cheltenham the train seemed to pick up speed and it became a bit difficult getting the needle in the right place.


We walked around Birmingham once we had checked in and enjoyed the sunshine and called into The Wellington for a couple of drinks before we had our evening meal, we've been there a few times as they always have a great selection of real ales of which we are both partial to.  After our meal we went and watched the second half of the England match and finally saw them win a penalty shoot out.  Not too late to bed as we knew we had an early start in the morning for our next leg of the journey.

2 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

In this heat I am doing nothing, I watch tennis and keep cool.

Karen K said...

Hi, didn't realise you were away..... quite a few folk we know are going to the Isle of Man this year... I went on a school trip for a week when I lived in Manchester, it was a lovely place.

K x