Monday 12 February 2018

Day 12 February challenge

Today's card is being sent to my cousin Ruth. 


My mum is one of seven children, four being girls.  All four sisters had babies in 1964 the year I was born and Ruth is the oldest cousin, followed by myself, then Andrew and lastly Clifford. Ruth and I used to write to each other on a regular basis and I have to confess it was me that became lazy with my letter writing so I thought it  would be a good idea to send a card, apologise and hopefully start up our correspondence again.

I've been down to Scrapbook Magic today to teach the beginners card class.  These are the cards we made today, two simple fancy fold cards.  An easel card and a double Z fold card using black and white.


When I got back home I baked another two lemon cakes for the work colleagues that I work with on a Tuesday and who don't work on Thursdays. Those that work on both days get lucky lol!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sure your cousin will be thrilled to received that lovely pretty design.
The 'teaching' cards are very elegant.

Karen K said...

Beautiful Linda - I love the black and white and the flower card is so pretty.

The boys at work are munching their way through a coffee victoria sponge and a ginger tray bake (Mary Berry) this week. The new Kitchen Aid is really lovely and I love her book BUT boy are the recipes sugar and fat laden - very bad for us all !

Darnell said...

I love how you are keeping up with your goal and your cards have been really beautiful, Linda! Hopefully Ruth will be receptive to the idea of picking up again! I'm one of seven, too, five being girls! But, alas, I didn't live near my cousins. Keep up the great work! I'm delighted to already be card pen pals with you!! I hope Lincoln is over his tonsillitis and that Harlee-Jay and Sebastian stay well! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

I love your pretty card for your cousin and what a lovely idea to send it to her as a surprise. Like the black and white cards too. They are really elegant . Hugs Mrs A.