Monday 1 January 2018

Happy New Year

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2018.  

This year I am sort of taking part in Ali Edwards One Little Word.  I've not actually enrolled in the course as knowing my attention span I probably wouldn't complete it but I did think it would be interesting to think of one word for 2018.  So I went in search of interesting words and this is the one I  have chosen,

QUERENCIA
Querencia is a metaphysical concept in the Spanish language. The term comes from the Spanish verb "querer," which means "to desire." Querencia describes a place where one feels safe, a place from which one's strength of character is drawn, a place where one feels at home.

Today Bryan and Harlee-Jay came to visit us.  We had just taken down the decorations and put the tree back up into the loft when they arrived.  Our next job was to take Max out for a walk while the sun was still shining.  It was cold and windy and we also saw a rainbow while we were out but as per usual couldn't find the pot of gold.  It was nice to get out for some fresh air and enjoy time with some of our young family.


The previous day we'd had to take Harlee-Jay to the minor A&E centre as he had split his forehead on the stair skirting board.  Thankfully we were seen fairly quickly and he was soon fixed with a few steri-strips.  He was very brave while the nurse did this and was rewarded with a lollipop when he got back to nannys house - not great for the teeth but it worked in getting him to stay still for the nurse.


3 comments:

Julie said...

Healing wishes to your little soldier, what a brave boy he was.
Happy New Year

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Aaaw the poor little love! I hope it heals quickly!! See you Wednesday, I hope? Have a great week! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Christine said...

Poor little thing, I hope he's feeling better
Happy New Year to you and your family