Monday 21 August 2017

Rainy Sunday stitching

It rained all day yesterday so our plans to tackle the tidy up of the garden and wash the car were put on hold - personally I think DH said a little rain prayer Saturday evening to avoid doing the garden.  So if it rains then it's the perfect excuse to spend the morning stitching.


I managed to get the sailing boat completed and some of the background behind it done before our eldest son and family came to visit.  It was then time to play with the Plasticine and the Wii.

Once the family had departed I could resist no longer and made a start on the It's Only Forever cross stitch kit from Gecko Rouge.   When I bought the kit I also treated myself to the coordinating needleminder so that as I work the many thousand of stitches I can remind myself what it will eventually look like.


This is approximately 400 stitches.  Initially I wasn't marking them off but I realised this is too big a project with very similar shades of thread and so not to do so would be a mistake.   As I go back near areas I have already worked but hadn't crossed off at the time I can mark everything and so be able to have a more accurate stitch count with each session very soon.

5 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Well, you made great use of that awful weather Linda my friend! That piece is coming along very nicely! Have a great week! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Poppypatchwork said...

I have not stitched for most of the summer, I have 3 projects on the go, still no calling. I have started to think about Christmas cards, I normally make just one design, this year I have more time so I will make loads of designs. Your stitching is lovely.

Karen K said...

Crikey that looks like tiny tiny stitches Linda I look forward to seeing it grow.

I am loving the boats - they are super cute

k x

Astrids dragon said...

Perfect, much better stitching a watery piece than being out in it!
Oh wow, that will look wonderful when finished. Similar shades does make if difficult, I'd be crossing off too.

Julie said...

Great progress you made on these two.