Wednesday 10 August 2016

Yesterdays blessings



By the time I get home from work on Tuesdays I have very little enthusiasm to do much.  Sometimes I'm able to do a little crafting but this week alas no - I think the weekends excitement had caught up with me.

There was still plenty to be thankful for though.  How could you not smile when you are sent a photo like this.


Lincoln is such a cute little chunky butt.

On our morning walk I could see signs of Autumn on their way (I  know it's  still summer).  There was also a slight chill in the air which hasn't been around for quite a while. 


The sloes which I took photos of several weeks ago have now turned a deep purple and will soon be ready for picking and used for slow gin, jam, chutney or even whiskey,vodka or port.  There are lots of recipes to be found.  I might just have to do some foraging and maybe have a go at some of them.  Has anyone ever made anything with sloes before?




2 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Hi Linda! Lincoln is certainly something to be thankful for, what a sweetie! I have never made anything with sloes myself, but I believe my darling stepdaughter has, I shall have to ask her. My friend from Yorkshire arrived down here today and this evening we went for a lovely meal down the China House with them. Fabulous food, service and view, but the furnishings were very grubby, which was a shame, because everything else was outstanding! I hope you are having a good week so far, and that the rest is good too! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Karen K said...

Oh super cute, you are collecting quite a crowd of grand children Linda

Not done anything with sloes but looks like the blackberries are going to be good this year and apples in abundance. I have so many courgettes!

k x