Wednesday 6 April 2016

I know I shouldn't but....


....... I'm going to start another SAL.  I buy the Cross Stitcher magazine each month and just as I was getting to the back pages I was tempted with their monthly mystery SAL.  It's running from this month until Christmas and from the look of the first chart it is obviously going to be Christmas related.  I do like to do at least one Christmas project each year and this one looks simple enough to be able to keep up with along with all my other projects!  I also just happen to have a piece of fabric which it will fit on nicely so couldn't resist.  Has anyone else seen this in the magazine and going to join in?


The fabric is from Crafty Kitten - it is 16 count aida which means my finished piece will be smaller than the magazines but I would rather use fabric from my stash than buy something new.

I did work on Landscape yesterday evening and managed to exceed my 100 stitch target so anymore stitches done this week will be a bonus.  It also means I can now work on the small projects I have on the go if I want to.

Also yesterday evening I pulled out the threads for April's Joyful World SAL so hopefully I will get to make a start on that some time this week.

7 comments:

Justine said...

That's a sweet chart but I'm not tempted. I need to finish some of my bigger projects this year. Good job on meeting your Landscape target for the week already!

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

You do make me smile.... good luck with your new SAL. I am still working hard on February Joyful World so don't think I best be adding anything else to my pile of stuff !

k x

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

This is going to be a lovely SAL to follow:)

Julie said...

I'm going to enjoy watching this SAL grow

Christine said...

Great start Linda. I saw that in the magazine and thought it was cute

Annie said...

I subscribe to Cross Stitcher, but it takes a good while before it arrives here in Sweden, so I look forward to seeing what that SAL is all about:) Sounds like fun though...!

Brigitte said...

That seems to be a very nice SAL. But I'll have to concentrate on the charts that I have - and on my BAPs :) But I'll follow your progress on this SAL.